Bar / Bat Mitzvah Program
Becoming a Bar/Bat mitzvah is an incredibly special experience not only for you and your child but for our entire synagogue family.
Our Bnai Mitzvah program is oriented towards two distinct goals:
- To help our students fully participate in their Bar or Bat Mitzvah ceremony –
- Read from the Torah
- Chant the Haftarah portion
- Lead certain prayers in the service
- Write and deliver a D’var Torah.
- To ensure our students give back to their community and experience responsibility and compassion by being involved in a community service Mitzvah project.
Because people come to us at all stages of preparation, our B’nai Mitzvah program is flexible and enables us to work with families and the students in order to create the most appropriate and meaningful experience. Our creative set-up allows us to work with affiliated and non-affiliated families. Hebrew School enrollment is not required for participation in our program. Click here to fill out a registration form. Once the form has been filled out, save it as a PDF document and email the saved copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our program choices are
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Preparation at Home
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Preparation at School (on our premises)
- Choice of Shabbat Morning or Afternoon Bar/Bat Mitzvah
We offer these choices because we believe that no Jewish child should be turned away and we’re confident that we have a program that will work for you. If you have an questions at all, please call our synagogue office 201-947-1735.