Thank you for your interest in joining the Jewish Community Center of Fort Lee/Congregation Gesher Shalom! We would be pleased to welcome you as a member of our community. Click here to fill out our membership application. Once the application has been filled out save it as a PDF document and email the saved copy to our Executive Director: Martha Dawson.
We offer two choices of annual membership:
Unlike most synagogues in the area we DO NOT charge an additional building fund.
We also offer membership to our Sisterhood, and Men’s Club.
The reasons for joining our Synagogue are as diverse as our congregants. You will enjoy festive Shabbat dinners, inspiring lectures, family-friendly holiday celebrations, or perhaps elect to serve on a committee! You will be amazed to witness the growth of children at the Hebrew school, both in their Judaic knowledge and socialization. We are the only Conservative Synagogue in the area to hold a minyan twice each day. By becoming a member you help support and sustain our community family, and foster that sense of community for generations to come.
Benefits of Memberships:
Many of the benefits of membership are unquantifiable. You will develop lifelong friendships among synagogue members through years of praying together, learning together, socializing together, and sharing in life’s highs and lows. The concrete benefits include:
- Discounted tickets to High Holiday Services
- Discounted rates for Hebrew School Parents, Families with the oldest child is enrolled in Hebrew School (Grade 2 and under) receive free dues.
- Discounted tickets for all Programming and Events
- Rabbinic support, which includes pastoral counseling and teaching as well as spiritual guidance during times of transition.
- Cantorial service and instruction at life cycle events.
If you are still deciding if this is the right home for you:
- Attend a service, program, or event. Prospective members are always welcome and encouraged to attend. Click here for a calendar of our upcoming events.
- Learn more about our community
- Call the office (201-947-1735) and schedule an appointment to get acquainted with our vibrant synagogue community.